Memories for Zoe Elizabeth

This Blog is for my precious baby girl, who will most likely be born sometime around October 15th...even though she isn't due until October 31st.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

9 Days.....

Only 9 days until we get to meet our little girl. I am excited, nervous, and a little scared : all at the same time. What a strange experience it is, knowing the exact moment I'm going to give birth. Knowing how it will happen, knowing that I don't have to go through the labor pains. It's weird, but I suppose one could say I went through labor twice (and then some) with Daniel. This will certainly be an interesting experience, to say the least. I just hope the Insurance company doesn't make me stay in the hospital the full 4 days they require of c-section patients. I hope it's smooth, and my recovery is quick and relatively painless. I truly hope that the majority of my pain last time came from having gone through such a prolonged labor, only to be followed by an emergency c-section. I guess we'll see.

I can't help but be a little disappointed because I really wanted a VBAC this time. I wanted to experience labor again (as strange as that may seem) but this time I wanted it to be fruitful....I wanted to experience childbirth the "real" way. I am having to tell myself that any way which produces a healthy child IS the "real" way, but it's hard. I'm just attempting to focus solely on the fact that I will get to hold my baby girl, and I'll get to do it sooner rather than later.

Ah....pink dresses. And bows. And shiny black patent leather shoes. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home